The team is looking for two highly motivated postdoctoral scientists!
The two positions, funded for at least 2 years by ANR and FRM, are available to work on two distinct projects on the neuronal control of movement, with a focus on descending circuits for locomotion and body movements. Candidates will in particular investigate the connectivity, functional role, genetic diversity and plasticity of populations of reticulospinal neurons, combining mouse genetics, viral synaptic tracings, optogenetic interferences, imaging, kinematic tracking, histological reconstructions, and molecular profiling.
For both of these positions, the ideal candidate holds a PhD, should be interested in the organization of brainstem descending tracts and has some (yes, some is largely enough) of the following key qualifications:
- Experimental work on transgenic mice;
- Stereotaxic surgeries;
- Molecular biology and genomic data analysis;
- Kinematic recordings;
- Optogenetic and chemogenetic manipulations in rodents;
- Computer proficiency, including with Matlab, R, or python.
He/she should also be genuinely motivated, have excellent communication skills, and be sensible to a healthy and constructive team-spirit.
You will be joining a dynamic team of neurophysiologists and will have access to recent electrophysiological, optogenetic and kinematic equipment and state-of-the-art viral tools and transgenic mice lines. You will evolve in the multidisciplinary and stimulating environment of the NeuroPSI institute, dedicated to studying brain function from genes to artificial intelligence. Our lab is situated 20 Km south of Paris, in a brand-new building at the heart of the scientific park of Paris-Saclay University.
Interested candidates should send to Julien Bouvier:
- a 2-page statement of interest, summarizing your past work and interest in our team and projects;
- a detailed CV including your education, technical skills, previous funding, and publication list (include preprints);
- at least 2 references who will be contacted for a recommendation.
Applications will be considered until both positions are filled. The contract can start as early as July 2022.